Best. Day. Ever.
I had an appointment with Aaron, my prosthetist, today. It was to check the fitting of the socket which attaches my residual limb to my prosthesis. My prosthesis is still being custom built at the factory so it's not ready yet. The socket is made to fit as tight as it possibly can over my residual limb. The reason for this is once I start walking, my residual limb will shrink at a must faster rate. By starting with the smallest socket possible it will help me keep a good fit for a longer period of time with my final socket. Getting my leg into this very tight socket was difficult and painful...very painful. It took almost 10 minutes to work my way into it but once I got in there it felt okay.![]() |
I'm so happy that I don't even feel the extra pain from having put my leg through so much today. I have to many good endorphins pumping through my body. I suspect tonight and tomorrow won't be so easy but it's all part of the process. I'm so thankful for everyone who knew I could make it this far. I'm not done yet so please don't stop praying for me.
Aaron feels my prognosis for running again some day is very good. I can't even complete that sentence without becoming emotional. That's really the carrot at the end of the stick for me. It's at the core of every difficult step I take to progress forward. Below is my new favorite video from the Canadian Paralympic Committee called Unstoppable.

I can't wait to heat about the upcoming appointment! I'm so excited for you.
ReplyDelete