Monday, May 12, 2014

Newbie Amputee

As a new amputee I'm trying to get my legs under me (haha pun intended!) in this new life. It's 2am and I am wide awake with a pain spasm and there's no time like the present to begin something new! I am 3 weeks post surgery but the greatest reason I am finally beginning to record my thoughts is that my  heart is so full of gratitude today. There is something beautiful about the tidal wave of kindness and charity that often follows tragedy or hardship! I have been on the receiving end of so many kind thoughts, prayers and deeds that I can not begin to express my thanks! Every bit means so much!

I titled my blog Spes et Fides which is Latin for hope and faith. I may be a new amputee, however, I have been undergoing pain and mobility problems in my left leg leading up to this amputation for several years now. It has been a long and difficult road. I have learned that two most important things for me to hold fast to are my faith and hope.

The best thing in my life is my loving husband who has carried me through (sometimes literally carrying me!). Anyone who has ever met him knows that he is great. He cares for me without complaint and we are finding our way in this new way of living together. He has saved my life very literally but most importantly he gives me a daily reminder of how good this life can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment