Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Healing Power of Faith


I have been looking forward to getting back to church for weeks! I finally made it today and I am so happy. I love my ward! They have been amazing since the day they showed up to help us move in!! An interesting thing happened in sacrament meeting. I was listening to the speaker who was doing a great job. He reached a point in his talk where the spirit was very strong. I was really feeling the spirit and had goose bumps run down my arms. Then I realized my whole body had become relaxed and the tenseness in my amputated leg had released. I really didn't feel much pain at all while I was filled with the spirit so intensely. It didn't last long, just a moment or two. It was an amazing reminder of the healing power of God.
A little  while ago I had the prompting to make scripture study more of a priority in my life.  I recommitted myself to having daily scripture study.  Naturally, a couple days later my sister JeuneElle called saying 'I don't want to offend you or imply you're not doing enough but I was reading this Ensign article about the power of scripture to heal physical afflictions and I thought of you.' (typical Jay - always looking out for me and in tune with the spirit) I re-recommitted myself to studying the scriptures. Do I think my pain will be healed today because I had scripture study? No. But it's a nice reminder that when I make my faith a priority good things happen in life.
I was fortunate enough to be able to frequent the temple in the weeks leading up to my amputation. I am so grateful for the inspiration and revelation I receive there. It has been a strong guiding influence in my life. I am grateful to have the gospel in my life and so grateful to have a husband with the power of the priesthood. I have been anxious to return to the temple after surgery. I am looking forward to a temple trip soon! I have a strong testimony of the importance of scriptures and temple work and the blessings received from the temple.

"God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face."

- Jeffrey R. Holland

Gilbert, Arizona Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment