Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sunshine

My Mom is here, everything is going to be okay. I'm so happy my parents have been able to come be with me. My Dad was here through the weekend and they did a complete organization of my garage which is nothing short of a miracle! My Mom gets to stay a whole week! Isn't everything just better with Mom and Dad around. They brought a whole new sunshine with them to my house. This morning my Mom and I were enjoying a beautiful view out the window and we were discussing how great and beautiful the sunshine is. It helped me realize all the "sunshine" that has come into my life. Recently my aunt and cousins actually sent me a box of sunshine to cheer me up. It had everything yellow you can think of from nail polish to an inspirational book. It made me feel so loved and sunny! I've had so many people bring me rays of sunshine along the way. There was an amazing woman who visited me in the hospital. She has a cute little yorkie she takes around to visit patients and cheer them up. I adore my dogs and missed them while in the hospital so it DID cheer me up. She was also an amputee and her willingness to open up and share here experiences with me were so meaningful. She spent so much time talking with me and encouraging me. That was a big ray of sunshine! This journey is constantly a lesson in the kindness and charity of others. Often I am surprised at the smallest things that make a big difference. I think of many times in the past when I have felt that the service or talents I have to offer were negligible. I know now more than ever that nothing is too small or insignificant. I'm so grateful for all of the sunshine in my life. Most of all I am grateful for my Savior and my God and my brightest ray of sunshine, my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment